The Vaquero Mexican Loop & OldTimer Belt
The single most popular and practical holsters in the late 1800's and early 1900's was the Mexican Loop. For reasons of survival, in the rough turn of the century Southwest, Arizona Rangers were some of the first to try to develop an improved fast-draw version of the Mexican Loop design.
For these horsemen, the height at which the gun was carried was critical. The six-guns' hammer was generally about even with the top of the cartridge belt, which was strapped on just below the trouser belt. This positioned the gun in just the right spot to provide a good combination of a fast-draw and comfort while riding horseback. The Vaquero Mexican loop and Oldtimer Belt is one of our best selling rigs. Simple, functional, durable and stylish.
- Hand cut authentic Mexican Loop pattern from 8-9oz top grade double shoulder cow hide
- Fullylined with 4/5 oz vegetable tanned cowhide
- Handsomely hand border tooled (you can order without tooling)
- Hand rubbed and oil finished to natural color
- Gun belt cartridge loops are hand laced wet and dry molded to your cartridge size, 20 loops standard
- Hammer Thongs & Thigh Ties
- Old style California Clipped Corner Buckle Set